Mr Lumley is a registered expert witness with the Law Society, trained as a single joint expert and received training with Bond Solon. He has a wide experience of litigation service including preparing and presenting evidence in the High Court and in the International Court of Arbitration.
He has concluded a wide range of assignments during his 40 years in the process and mechanical engineering industry.
Mr Lumley speaks English & French, and his specialisations are process and mechanical engineering design, project management and expert witness service.
His Qualifications are :
- B.Sc. (Hons) Mechanical Engineering, Birmingham University, 1975.
- C.Eng Chartered engineer
- Eur. Ing. Euro Engineer;
- M.I. Mech E Institution of Mechanical Engineers
- ASABE American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers
- Manufacturing Design, Engineering and Quality Control in the manufacturing industries with specific experience of welding, forming and machining alloy steels and stainless steels; Quality Control and Assurance requirements to ISO 9001/2 and assessment of product design and manufacture in respect to assessment of fitness for purpose. Undertakes production machinery valuations.
- Process and Mechanical Equipment Design in the oil and gas, petroleum refining and power industries with specific experience of cryogenic process plant and piping design and insulation including LNG, LPG, NGL, ammonia production and hydrocarbons gas/liquid separation and fractionation.
- Project Management, with extensive experience both as an owner’s representative and as a contractor, in preparing and executing basic design, detailed design, procurement and construction to ISO 9001 Quality Assurance and international model forms of contract (FIDIC orange book and similar) of oil and gas production/processing facilities and pipelines, petrochemical and power generation plants.
- Significant expert witness experience in the UK High Court and the International Court of Arbitration.