Completed Projects Between 1981-99The following projects are a selection of projects that consulting engineer Peter Lumley has undertaken between 1981 and 1999. For more information on more recent projects, visit the Completed Projects page.
Review international forms of model contract and advise programme schedules and cost estimates for ACHEMA fertiliser plant, Lithuania – $100M extension – Client EBRD.
Participated in negotiations with prospective contractors with ACHEMA – Client EBRD.
Market and techno economic feasability studies on leather, footware, salt and building materials – Client Government of Eritrea.
Feasability study of production of internal tender specification; tender appraisal and negotiation for a 100 tons per day by glass container and tableware plant – Client Government of Eritrea.
Complete design and procurement of cotton ginning factory in Mali West Africa – Client Wallace O’Connor engineers and contractors.
Market and techno economic feasability studies into gold jewellery, mineral water, PVC, pipes and fittings and perfumes – Client General Industries Corporation – UAE.
Design and build of Styrene Monomer Plant in Manchester including contractor supervision – Client Huntsman Chemicals.
project management of new $50M vegetable oil refinery in Damman, Saudi Arabia, including client liaison, cost control, design approvals and site supervision of contractor, De Smet – Client NABATI Vegetable Oil Co.
Detailed design and procurement of 20km 6″ NB gas pipeline and gas treatment facilities in Qatar to BP Standards and Codes of Practice on behalf of Medgulf Contractors – Client Medgulf.
Technical, market and economic feasibility study of an industrial scale penicillin plant in the Philippines.
Technical, market and economic feasibility study of a multi-purpose chemical synthesis plant in the Philippines.
11 technical profiles on the following industries on behalf of UNIDO:
- water filters and replacement elements
- PVC sheeting
- melamine formaldehyde laminates
- light aluminium extrusions
- v belts for automotive replacement markets
- rubber hoses for automotive replacement markets
- lead recycling
- carbonless paper
- date dibis and date honey
- spectacle frames
- pharmaceutical plant
- prefeasibility study on argon production in Saudi Arabia.
- hazop assessmentand implementation at Exxon Chemicals, Fawley to Exxon Standards and Codes of Practice.
Feasibility study on offshore platform modifications on behalf of Chevron.
Feasibility study on revamping offshore dehydration facilities on behalf of Shell at Lowestoft.
Technical, economic and market feasibility studies on behalf of the World Bank:
- techno-economic feasibility study for the restructuring of jute bag and carpet backing Production at Abbstal Limited, Lagos, Nigeria.
- techno-economic feasibility study on proposed expansion of a vegetable oil and soap plant at Appiah-Menka Complex Limited, Ghana.
- technical feasibility study on the proposed expansion of pyrotechniques foundry project at Pyrotechniques Nigeria Limited, Lagos, Nigeria.
- techno-economic feasibility study on pharmaceutical manufacturing plant for intravenous infusion solutions and automatic packaging systems at Oron, Akwa and Ibom State, Nigeria.
- technical survey investigation at Aluminium Enterprises Limited, Ghana.
- sheet metalwork at Datine Mercantile Limited, Nairobi, Kenya.
- paper packaging at Highland Paper Mills, Eldoret, Kenya.
- PVC sheeting and coatings at Sera Cratings Limited, Nairobi, Kenya.
- pharmaceuticals at Pharmivoire Limited, Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire.
- cardboard packaging at Bucklips Packaging Limited, Aura, Ghana.
- latex rubber gloves at Tulip Industries Limited, Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire.
BP Chemicals, Carshalton. Detail design and site supervision of:
- new plant fire water system including pumps, ring main and deluge systems all to BP Standards and Codes of Practice.
- new drum filling facility and warehouse, roads, etc.
- ad hoc modification to plant and process equipment.
26 technical feasibility studies in China on behalf of the EEC.
Detailed process and mechanical design work on behalf of Qatar General Petroleum Corporation including 3 years based in Manderstam’s Doha office, of which 2 were spent on secondment to the Client’s NGL plant as project engineer then as acting project manager. All work to BP and Shell standards and codes of practice, of particular note is front end experience in specifying special requirements for sour gas service – NACE and BP Standard 153. Projects directly responsible for include:
- detailed design of large gas and liquids pig launching and receiving station; drawing up P & ID’s and specifications for mechanical equipment and site commissioning
- detailed design of 10km NGL pipelines (4″) and pumping station; draw up P & ID’s and specifications for mechanical equipment, site commissioning
- process study of enhanced C3 recovery scheme
- field diagrams of operating problems (cavitation) of 3 large (7,500 tons/hr) crude oil pumps. Work involved dynamic computer simulation of tank farm and suction pipework using pipenet software
- process simulation of water injection, 6 pump stations and 72 injectors using pipenet software.