Expert Witness Services
Mr. Peter Lumley is a Law Society approved expert witness and trained as a single joint expert and received training with Bond Solon.
Mr. Peter Lumley been instructed on 62 cases in the last 20 years and has successfully given evidence in 22 cases. He has completed work for companies worldwide and his trial-proven expertise is greatly sought after. Please find below descriptions of some of the cases that Mr. Lumley has undertaken as an expert witness on behalf of companies and corporations worldwide. Below is a list of expert witness services Peter Lumley can assist with:
- Site surveys
- Review of construction design and records
- Analysis of cost estimates and bids
- Reporting on design defects, delays and disruption on construction design
- Investigations and evidence on contamination
- Equipment surveys
- Advice on Internal Rate of Return (IRR) calculations
- Operations reports
- Performance review and reporting
- Damage assessments
Expert Witness experience in Oil and Gas Petrochemicals, Pharmaceuticals and Manufacturing
Below are a variety of specific examples of how Peter Lumley has provided his expert witness services to companies and business owners around the world.
- Prepared expert reports and gave evidence (including “hot tubbing”) on the design, materials and construction of oil and gas piping systems.
- Prepared expert report and gave evidence on process and mechanical design defects and construction on a sour gas LPG processing plant and sales gas pipelines in Iraq.
- Carried out site survey, review of design and construction records and prepared expert report on design defects.
- Prepared expert report for the Owner in respect of a claim against a consulting engineer in respect to the design and project management of a process plant using waste material feed (fly ash) from a power station.
- Prepared expert reports and gave evidence on the construction of access platforms and lifting operations at a boatyard that had caused serious personal injury to the operator.
- Prepared expert report analysing the cost estimate and bid prepared for the design, procurement, manufacture and transport FOB Antwerp of a convection bank heat exchanger economiser for the power generating plant at Ruwais Fertiliser Industries Complex UAE.
- Prepared expert reports in defence of the HSE prosecution relating to the failure of the overflow protection system and its alleged causation of the overtopping of storage tanks and subsequent explosion at the Buncefield oil storage depot in December 2005. This followed the successful civil defence in 2008 (see below).
- Prepared expert report on design defects, delay and disruption on the design and construction of cryogenic natural gas processing facilities in Yemen.
- Prepared expert report and gave evidence on contaminated LPG feed to ethylene cracker. Work required investigation of two-phase flow into heat exchangers, and metallurgical examination of corrosive acid attack on titanium by hydrofluoric acid.
- Analysis on behalf of the Owner, on delay, disruption and preferential engineering claims from an EPC contractor in respect to offshore accommodation modules and the Owners counterclaims regarding quality of engineering and programme issues.
- Carried out equipment survey and prepared expert report on cement grinding.
- Prepared expert advice on IRR calculations for send and pay agreements in respect to crude oil pipeline takeoff agreements on major pipeline in Sudan.
- Prepared expert report on the design and operation of chemical etching line for steel castings for the automobile industry.
- Prepared expert report on fire damage to large high-speed aluminium foil rolling mill for insurers.
- Prepared expert report on the process design of fertiliser plant.
- Prepared Expert report on the Owners’ claim for lack of performance of table salt processing plant.
- Provided expert advice on the manufacture of finned heat exchanger tubes.
- Provided expert advice on fuel contamination on fuel supplied by the major supermarkets.
- Undertook site survey and prepared expert report on a petroleum filling station and underground storage facilities in respect to criminal investigation of petroleum product substitution by Avgas and VAT fraud.
Instructing solicitors in alphabetical order:
- Arnold, Davies, Cooper, London
- Berrymans Lace Mawer, London
- Bar & Karrer AG, Zurich
- Berwin Leighton Paisner, London
- Bird and Bird, London
- Blatchfords, London
- BP Collins, London
- Clifford Chance, Paris
- CMS Cameron McKenna, London
- Cobbetts, Birmingham
- DAC Beachcroft, London
- David Phillips and Partners, Essex
- Davies Arnold Cooper, London
- Davies Lavery, London.
- Deacons, Hong Kong
- Dentons, London
- Dickinson Dees, Newcastle
- DLA, Birmingham
- DWF, Manchester
- Freeth Cartwright, Manchester
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson, Washington
- Gide Loyrette Nouel, Paris
- Greenwoods, London
- Halliwells, London and Manchester
- Holman Fenwick Willan, London and Qatar
- Howard Kennedy, London
- Kennedys, London, Bath and Birmingham
- Lalive, Geneva
- Mayer Brown International, London
- McNulty & Co, Basingstoke
- Mills & Reeve, Birmingham
- Norton Rose Fulbright, London
- Pinsent Masons, Glasgow and London
- Rawlinson Butler, Crawley
- Reid Minty, London
- RPC, London
- Sandersons, Hull
- Shadbolt & Co, Reigate
- Shoosmiths, Reading
- Simmons & Simmons, London & Dubai, UAE
- Smyth and Co, Hong Kong
- Stewarts Law, London
- Watson, Farley & Williams, Bangkok
- Wilmer, Cutler, Pickering and Dorr, London
- White and Case, London
Direct instructions received from:-
- ICC, Paris Independent expert advice to an ICC Tribunal
- Komori UK Ltd
- Lurgi AG, Frankfurt, Germany
- NEM BV, Netherlands
- Air Products, UK
- Clyde Bergemann Drycon GmbH, Germany
- Ferrostaal, Essen, Germany
- Hill International, London
- RWE, Germany
- Siemens Industrial Turbo Machinery, UK
- GW Pharmaceuticals
Speak with an oil and gas expert witness
To discuss your expert witness needs, contact Peter Lumley on +44 (0) 1273 326 394 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.